BZPB

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dusk and Dawn (repost)

Klak
    Klak
    Resident Klak Expert

Coins : 15979

Dusk and Dawn (repost) Empty Dusk and Dawn (repost)

Post by Klak Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:45 am

Kon recently informed me that the archive of my old unfinished BZPower story, Dusk and Dawn, had reappeared somehow. He advised that I repost it here to keep it saved, which makes sense since it ties into BZPB in a way (mainly for both D-Klak and DM Helryx). That said, it was written in either 2008 or 2009 (almost a decade ago), so if there's anything cringe-worthy in here, blame my younger self. Razz

The story takes place some time after the events of Dark Mirror, in that same dimension.

Introduction:

Ancient paced left and right, waiting for The Recorder to arrive to the room. He stopped and looked over the silver balcony, staring at the crystalline-silver city skyline that stared back at him.

The Recorder arrived, and sat down on the floor of the balcony, taking in the fresh air. He quickly took out a notepad, and his strange writing device.
    Ancient spoke, saying, "Write down what just happened, and write down everything that I dictate. Everyone forgot what happened, the Order made sure of it. Of course, I remember everything, and I want all to know what really made us come here."

The Recorder began to write:

(10 years earlier, 10 minutes after Dark Mirror ended):

The war......it was over. Turaga Dume stood beside Lesovikk, Toa Pohatu, and Makuta Teridax over the ravaged Coliseum. Hundreds of dead Toa, Matoran, Makuta, and many other creatures were scattered across the center. Other exhausted figures, perhaps on either side, stood, delirious. Very few of them actually continued to fight. Many of the Imperial Guards had either surrendered, died, or ran to the Hall of Masks after hearing the muffled bellows of empress-Toa Tuyet. Many of them came out, shocked, after seeing half of Tuyet floating in space. They had no idea that the other crushed part of her body was in-between universes.

Lesovikk yelled out, "Stop the fighting! Tuyet is dead!" (earlier he had heard her cries, and flew to the source, seeing the portal close. Most likely he knew Takanuva had left to another part of the universe), "A new age will dawn! The Toa Empire ends now!"

Thousands of Matoran, Vortixx, Skakdi, Dark Hunters, and even some Toa began to cheer. The few loyalists to the now crumbled empire had surrendered, and where now ready for any sentence. Before anyone could act, however, Turaga Dume announced that the leaders of the rebellion and of the Empire would meet to discuss the future of their world. Makuta Teridax summoned Krika to come with him.

The meeting would begin soon, raising the question: What will happen to the empire? Who will rule? This is the story of the pocket dimension that was mysteriously left behind. The true story.

Last edited by Klak on Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:07 am; edited 3 times in total
    Klak
    Klak
    Resident Klak Expert

Dusk and Dawn (repost) Empty Re: Dusk and Dawn (repost)

Post by Klak Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:45 am

Chapter 1-The Fall:

Turaga Dume sat down at an enormous seat inside an even bigger room. It was a large dining room-like room, but the only light was a flickering red flame in the distance, giving the walls an orange gleam. In its center there was a table with an exaggerated length. Turaga Dume sat on one end, while Teridax slumped into the other seat. On the Turaga’s left side sat the Shadowed One, Ancient, Krika, and Pohatu. On his right sat Onua, Nidhiki, Karzhani, and two other Toa, who seemed to be one of the few survivors, and chosen to represent the overwhelmed Empire. Everyone was silent.

Teridax broke the silence of the meeting with his deep cold voice, “Welcome, all. Tonight we will show all that the Empire has fallen and a new rule will begin in our lands”. He smiled, “Of course, we will calmly decide what is to happen.”

“Right,” ensued Dume, “The Toa Empire is crumbled, and we must calmly elect the ruler, or rulers of the islands. There are three decisions: first, that each of us picks the islands under our rule; second, that a council is made; or third-”
    Karzhani and the Shadowed One interrupted, strangely speaking in unison while smiling, “Someone else makes a takeover.”
    Pohatu laughed in his chair, saying, “You’ve got to be kidding! If anything we’ll choose choice two or three. You really think you’ll rule this universe without resistance? Please!”
    Teridax spoke up, “My plan makes any of your schemes look like a Rahi’s fantasy”.
    “NO!” growled Onua, “I will resurrect the Empire to save Mata Nui!”
    Dume quickly responded, “My friend, Tuyet lied. The Empire wouldn’t help Mata Nui. In fact, he was never in any danger! She summoned you somehow, and must have poisoned your mind.”
    “To Karzhani with you Dume!” a Toa of Plant Life shouted out.
    The argument ensued, and Krika sat silently while all the figures screamed at each other. By the look on his face, he wanted this to end, all of it; little did he know that soon, his wishes would come true.

A small black Matoran, Sanox, sneaked through the hallways of the dark Archives. He had just hid there a few hours ago when the rebellion started. Sanox had always craved that the Toa would be put out of power, but he never was audacious enough to join the Resistance, much less speak highly against an officer.

Thoughts of the battle swirled in the course of his mind. Who knew what had happened there? Maybe the Empire had won, and all hope died with the others. Or maybe, the Empire had lost, and he was missing the celebration. Did the Makuta take control? Did the remaining Dark Hunters take over?

Sanox had half of his mind dwelling upon these thoughts, while the other half was focused on wandering throughout path ahead. Suddenly, he heard a sound. It must have been some kind of machine’s cog, but he still scurried away to an area, finding a large cylinder containing a strange-looking mask on it.
    Sanox had never seen this dark-black mask before, and was mystified by its grooves and slits along the facial areas. He was so interested, in fact that he punched (as hard as he could) the cylinder, breaking the glass, and grasped the mask. Its power was great, and he was unsure of what to do.

After deliberating with himself on what to do, Sanox gave in to his temptations and quickly swapped the mask with his own, putting his into the chassis. He felt nothing once he put on the mask; but suddenly, after merging his mind with it (a process all matoran in this dimension must do once putting on a mask), he felt a surge of power grow within him. Sanox felt himself growing, and a sharp pain in his heart light, a pain that coursed through his veins, making him scream in agony. But, the pain subsided, and became a feeling of power, a power beyond that of any Toa of Air on the Tren Krom Peninsula. This mask, discovered Sanox, was the fabled Mask of Shadows, which took him into interest; and now, he became the Toa of Shadows: a new master of shadows.

Nuju groaned and stood up, regaining consciousness. By the look of the sky outside, he assumed that it was well close to nighttime, and numerous hours had passed since he was taken in here by plants, and had to wrestle himself out of their grasp, knocking himself out. Because of the withered condition of the vines, he had concluded the Toa behind it had died.

Nuju did not begin to wonder about the rebellion. Instead, his own mind pondered on whether or not he was still alive. He stared at his legs, and after being surprised that he could walk, moved nimbly to the nearest wall. He quickly noticed he was in the Archives, and that he was just in the right section. All the weapons were located here, so Nuju could arm himself for protection, and maybe make a few telescopes here and there. Nuju spoke to himself, “Maybe they’ll be better than those darn Toa-funded telescopes we’ve had to deal with the past 2000 years.” He gave out a huge sigh of relief, and began to walk towards a chassis containing an ice great sword.

Suddenly, he heard loud cries coming through the tunnel nearby, forcing him to smash the chassis, grab the weapons, and march over to the source of the sound. What he saw would change his life forever. Nuju was a witness to Sanox’s transformation.
    He quickly hid behind a red box (that held something to be transferred to another exhibit).

Sanox, hearing the sound, shouted in a deep, grueling voice that could terrify even Tren Krom’s mother: “Who’s there? Who are you? I---I feel---like a---Toa! I am a Toa of Shadows! You there! Come out from behind that box! NOW!”
    Nuju jumped at Sanox’s bellows, and scattered out, twirling his sword. “I am a friend, unless you are with the Empire my neophyte. So who are you?! Veer-nee ashkesh ( that’s bird language for “you dark demon!”),” he spoke quivering.
    Sanox grinned, and then said, “I am Sanox, and you my friend, are dead!”

With that, he summoned a shadow blast, sending Nuju into a wall. The Ko-Matoran slumped onto the floor, and attempted to grab his nearby sword, but was quickly halted by the Shadow hand that grabbed and smashed him into three chassis tubes.

Dume raised his hand, ending the tirades of the insane members at the table. “I wish I would never have to resort to this,” he retorted, “but I will have to be the absolute leader, while you all fight each other in a war. The winner faces the remaining Toa on my side, the good side, and the winner,” the Turaga coughed, “will be the ruler.”
    All the members agreed, and Teridax gave a sudden grin, even if some thought he had lost due to the lack of his mask.

To be continued...
    Klak
    Klak
    Resident Klak Expert

Post by Klak Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:57 am

Chapter 2-A new war.

The cloaked figure sauntered through the darkness. He sighed as he walked through the large city in Xia. It was late, and somehow, time had frozen like Antarctica. Of course, this figure had 'nothing' to do with it.

Along with him he carried a small metal box with a strange symbol on it. Inside the pocket of his crimson cloak he carried a long, thin blade of solid protosteel. He seemed to be off guard, to the foolish eye of course, as he was a quick drawer. Not even Helryx herself would mess with this guy. Now, if he faced Mata Nui, I have my doubts.

The figure rushed into a large abandoned foundry, and faced the wall next to the entrance. He shifted his gloved hand in a quick left-to-right motion, and the ground revolved. Before his eyes, the wall in front dissolved into a brown adobe mist, opening a doorway into an enormous, damp, dark, cavernous and hall-like tunnel. It extended for about a mile, with a vast blue door at the end. The figure lurked through the hallway quickly, and reached the door, opening the enormous knob.

Inside, he entered a vast stairway, much like the 777 stairs in the Southern Continent, but shorter.
    The figure thought loudly, “I don’t have time for this,” raising his arms in the air and flicking his wrists, suddenly disappearing, and reappearing in front of a shadowed area. A pair of dark, dreadful eyes spoke out: “State your name, or die breathing it”

The figure smiled, “Klak, Zemnasu Klak. No need to fuss over it Order member, I am with your cause. I have a job to do, but it was requested by a higher power, and not for your knowing.” He waved his hands in the air, while the Order member attempted to speak, but was muffled, “You never saw this, my friend, you were just sleeping”.

The Order of Mata Nui member toppled down to the floor, dazing off into a dream. This was a commonly used attack by the other's species, one hardly known in this universe.

Klak walked over to another doorway, which was made vague due to the ominous darkness. He walked through, and arrived at a domed auditorium. The floors of that area were a beige marble, with a crimson tint circling around the altar in the center of the vast room. Klak waltzed towards the altar, clutching the pouch he carried. He unfastened the top of the box, and took out a gold mask, unlike any other.

"It's time to put you here in case things go wrong," Klak spoke softly to the mask, "I have a strong feeling that everything will, so we both know that your destiny is to set life, the universe, and everything, right.”

Klak silently placed the mask on top of the altar, and turned away from it. A humming sound of power, distant, though threatening, echoed through the area.

Klak did not notice the blue, armored Toa behind him when he stepped into the Entrance, until an enormous blast of water sent him hurtling away. After crashing into a wall, he quickly stood up, bursting into flames to dry his wet cloak.
    "Who are you," Helryx spoke into the darkness, "and why were you cradling the Ignika?"
    “Helryx? It’s me, Klak. The Great Beings...we finally have been watching. I told them about the empire, and-”

Helryx got closer to her old friend: she threw her arms around him and kissed him, interrupting him and saying, “The universe is safe...so why did you arrive and move the Ignika from Mount Valmai?”

Klak responded: “I moved it because they wanted to be precautious. And don’t you forget that.” Klak smiled; he hadn’t seen Helryx for centuries, as he traveled universes and pocket dimensions, tending them along with the Great beings. He had been to alternate worlds than this one, (the Great Beings tended alternate Mata Nuis).

“The Empire is gone. I hardly interfered although my people had ruled it. Tuyet was killed by an unknown Toa, and the Order had a few members assisted in the uprising that followed. I want to kill them, but time has gone too quickly for me to send anyone. I want to wait and see what happens at the meeting Turaga Dume has assembled to decide the future of the Toa lands,” Helryx sighed, “Not much to take care of when the Empire was here. It was like having another order controlling everything. I hope we are able to find any surviving Makuta, and vanquish them before they can plot another conquest.”

Klak was staring down at the floor while she spoke, synthesizing thoughts within his brain. “Maybe I could help,” he said during her silence. “I’ve been to this universe countless times; I think I know a thing or two about Makuta.”

Helryx smiled; suddenly, however, her grin distorted into a serious face after hearing the sound of steps, and the shingling of armor under them.
    “We got company. Bad company,” Klak said as he reached into his cloak and pulled out his blade.

Helryx ran towards the stairs, leaning towards the corridor of the darkness. Two Toa (one of fire and one of Iron) and a Vortixx stepped out onto the top of the stairs.
    “Well, well. What do we have here?” the Vortixx spoke in a cocky voice, “You see Taldaka? This is why I’m a loyalist. I get to…” he smiled, “fix things, a lot better than in the foundries.”
    Taldaka (the Toa of fire) chuckled, “Yes. Let’s fix this up. You! Toa of water! What is your name? Are you or are you not with the Empire?”
    “I’m with myself,” retorted Helryx.
    “And who are you my strange friend?” Taldaka asked Klak, with a disgusted look on his face. “Why aren't you working?” asked the Toa of Iron in his gruff voice.
    “My name is Klak. And I am working. Or rather, I had a break, but now,” he began to levitate, “The business continues, and guess what? You’re all my newest customers.”

Klak leaped towards the Toa of fire, taking out his blade. The Toa of Iron quickly shifted to be in front of his brother, and threw three shuriken knives at the cloaked figure. Klak dodged them with the greatest of agility, spinning like a swindle. He landed on feet, facing that Toa, and pointing the blade so close to him so that the slightest itch Klak has on his body would cut the Toa to ribbons.

The Toa, Veriukii, gulped a large and heavy wad of saliva. “Don’t make me”.

“What? Turn me into a sword? Please, your powers are nothing to me fool,”
    Klak wasn’t good at overestimating foes.

Veriukii smiled and created a wall of metal between him and Klak, thus cutting the blade just a bit. Taldaka launched a torrent of flames, making the metal the worst of its kind: molten metal. Klak stepped back, eyes wide open, as he looked at the dangerous inferno facing him.

Helryx summoned a wall of water, and smashed it over all 4 figures. “Hey!” Klak spoke as he stood beneath a shield (much like that of a Hau), “This cloak is easily ruined by water!”

“Sorry,” smiled Helryx, “But you’ll tell me about it later: right now, we got company.”

While the other two Toa were unconscious, the Vortixx stood, grabbing a Protosteel spear. He ran up to Klak, who swung his blade towards the Xian. The blades crashed into each other, and the figures rapidly swung towards each-other again. Words cannot describe the duel going on place, while Helryx saw something very dangerous nearby:
    Taldaka stood up, un-harmed, and seemed to be charging his powers. He was going to go nova: suicide. Klak did not understand this, but Helryx sure did.

She grabbed her usual mace, and, in a nick of time, slung it towards his head. Taldaka's mask was smashed open, while she was preparing to drown him in another wall of water. The Toa suddenly burst into flames, sending cackling fires across the room. Helryx sprayed water attempting to douse the flames, but failed to reach all of them.

Klak smashed his blade into the Vortixx's side, quickly killing the creature. He sent a pulse of sonics which blasted the creature into the licking flames. He turned his head towards a terrified Helryx. She tried as hard as she could, but could not stop the incoming flames. They rushed across the floors, and caught the entire foyer on fire. Sooner or later, the smoldering Toa would explode in all his elemental power, killing all life within that area.

Klak nodded to Helryx, as if affirming they were facing certain death in the inferno circling them. He would try to do something, but he felt all of his powers against him. Somehow, he wasn't in charge of his destiny anymore, something else was. And, unlike in our universe, this was probably not something good.

Meanwhile:

Nuju darted across the Archives, while crystals of pure shadow exploded behind him. Hundreds of exhibits were defamed due to Sanox's anger. The Ko-matoran crouched behind a box while the titan of a Toa walked closely to him. “Oh Matoran! Come out and play,” he screamed as he shot out a shadow hand, grabbing Nuju and pulling him out of his hiding spot. Finding a weapon on the floor, Sanox picked it up, and pointed it to his face. “Say good night my friend. For death awaits you!”
    Klak
    Klak
    Resident Klak Expert

Post by Klak Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:05 am

Chapter 3 (its a short chapter, but it basically leaves the suspense on a note):

Chapter 3:

The meeting was over, thanks be to the Great Beings. Dume walked out, giving face palms to himself. At the terrace in front of the house they met in (it was in Ta-Metru), The Shadowed One waited along with Ancient, as Karzhani walked up to them. They spoke of an alliance, and before long, the tyrant quickly switched from being master of a Re-education center, to being an ally of the Dark Hunters. It was quite cute seeing the two leaders together: insane+insane. They made a good duo.

The Loyalists were chattering about ways they could get more Toa. They spoke of many who were across the universe, in other teams that weren't even present during the Battle at the Coliseum. However, an unknown amount was killed due to the many Matoran and Vortixx rebelling. A mask came to their minds: the Ignika! It was spoken of in fables, and even Tuyet herself had tried to find it, but she failed miserably, moving on to find the mask of Time: another failed search. It would be the only way to bring everyone back from the dead, and reassure their control of the Universe.

Pohatu and Lesovikk stood at the entrance of the mansion, observing the villains. The Dark Hunters and Makuta were always known to have the traitor potential after the insurrection; and here they are, chatting about how they would kill their former allies in a few days. Something had to have been done, as chaos cannot be ruler. Some say that "Chaos can't be ruled". That was a common fear amongst the Toa, even for the apathetic Lesovikk.
    "We need help," said the Toa Mata, "that is just more than a mere amount of Matoran and Vortixx. Makuta are ten times as strong!"
    Lesovikk answered, "I think I know just the person, or group, if you will. Lets go, we only have 12 hours till dawn."

Teridax was grinning as he sat on the table. He was the only one there along with the remaining Makuta. They were all silent, as usual. The empire had a detrimental effect on both their experimenting, and talking, abilities. They weren't mute; they just didn't talk much anymore.
    "Brothers: the plan is in effect. Sanox got the mask, and now he will take over. His power will be so great, that it will affect Mata Nui's own abilities. Soon, a cataclysm will occur, and we'll be able to possess this universe!"

Krika stared down at the table while the others cheered. This was not the future he wanted. For 3500 years, he has wanted something different: a future contrary to this one, a land full of joy, happiness, and shadows. No more war, no more Mata Nui, no more Teridax; just a calm, peaceful, heaven delved in darker tones. No lights, just plenty of shadows.

Nuju attempted to wriggle out of the Toa's grasp, but failed. A blast of shadow was being ready to be channeled through the weapon, and he was in direct path of it. Has Mata Nui decided this? What is this universe coming to? Why is evil in triumph?

In the last few seconds, Nuju pondered the message a Turaga once told him a long time ago: "There always must be Dusk, before Dawn."

-----------

And that was as far as the topic got! I don't remember if I had anything more written for this.

I want to make brief references to the resolution of the post-Tuyet conflict in The Mazkertis Paradox, since I don't really plan on ever continuing this story again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 am