BZPB

A Free-for-All Collaborative Fiction/RPG Forum with a Long-Lived Community!

View the BZPB Wiki for more information about the site and the BZPB Multiverse.


    Dreams. If you remember them.

    Share
    avatar
    helo frens
    H E L O F R E N S

    Posts : 1093
    Coins : 3966
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2010-11-07
    Age : 19
    Location : :]

    Dreams. If you remember them.

    Post by helo frens on Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:37 am

    Ever had a dream, Neo? A dream you were so sure was real?

    Kidding, but you can discuss all your weird and wonderful dreams here.

    I'll kick start it: I once had a dream that I was in my school with a gun and all the teachers were zombies.


    _________________
    :]
    avatar
    Zev the Reveler
    Gracious Double-Crosser

    Posts : 1593
    Coins : 4537
    Reputation : 1116
    Join date : 2010-12-25
    Location : Despite all my rage, still trapped like a rat in a cage

    Re: Dreams. If you remember them.

    Post by Zev the Reveler on Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:59 am

    Hum.

    I've once had a dream...That I was at a very Japanese-style school...And there was a new transfer student...

    ...We all had to go outside for some reason...Even though it was raining...

    ...And I think the transfer student was Vi.

    Most of my dreams are lengthy and kinda-sorta have an over-arcing plot.

    It's...Kinda weird...
    avatar
    Kon
    Prophet of SUS
    Prophet of SUS

    Posts : 2354
    Coins : 12925
    Reputation : 7352
    Join date : 2010-11-08
    Age : 20
    Location : Location Location

    Re: Dreams. If you remember them.

    Post by Kon on Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:23 am

    Well, my latest dream was yesterday. Here goes:

    Me and my friends were having a Games lesson outdoors. Suddenly, a plane explodes in the sky over us, and a lone skydiver falls. He gets up, takes out a machine gun, and rakes us with bullets.

    Yes, I know.


    _________________
    avatar
    Heat
    Baron of Thunder-ten-tronckh

    Posts : 4229
    Coins : 31306
    Reputation : 24132
    Join date : 2010-11-08
    Age : 6
    Location : A swirling vortex of uncertainty

    Character sheet
    Level: 1
    Class: Scout
    EXP:
    0/0  (0/0)

    Re: Dreams. If you remember them.

    Post by Heat on Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:52 am

    King of Nynrah wrote:Well, my latest dream was yesterday. Here goes:

    Me and my friends were having a Games lesson outdoors. Suddenly, a plane explodes in the sky over us, and a lone skydiver falls. He gets up, takes out a machine gun, and rakes us with bullets.

    Yes, I know.

    There can only be one response to this.

    WTF.


    _________________
    Bo tutaj jest jak jest, po prostu, i ty dobrze o tym wiesz.
    avatar
    Kon
    Prophet of SUS
    Prophet of SUS

    Posts : 2354
    Coins : 12925
    Reputation : 7352
    Join date : 2010-11-08
    Age : 20
    Location : Location Location

    Re: Dreams. If you remember them.

    Post by Kon on Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:03 am

    BBC: A Man in Black wrote:
    King of Nynrah wrote:Well, my latest dream was yesterday. Here goes:

    Me and my friends were having a Games lesson outdoors. Suddenly, a plane explodes in the sky over us, and a lone skydiver falls. He gets up, takes out a machine gun, and rakes us with bullets.

    Yes, I know.

    There can only be one response to this.

    WTF.
    That's exactly what I thought when I woke up.


    _________________

    DarkBeast
    Banned!
    Banned!

    Posts : 9
    Coins : 2290
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2011-03-29

    Re: Dreams. If you remember them.

    Post by DarkBeast on Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:53 am

    Never had dreams. Never will.
    avatar
    Klak
    Resident Klak Expert

    Posts : 3565
    Coins : 13447
    Reputation : 7015
    Join date : 2010-11-08
    Age : 116
    Location : Yes

    Re: Dreams. If you remember them.

    Post by Klak on Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:20 pm

    I once had a dream that consisted of (not necessarily in this order)

    Kissing a friend of mine (yes, she's a girl), having a barbecue at school, and Abneris obtaining god-like powers, leading him to fight Insecticons sent by Blackout in a gray desert.


    _________________



    DarkBeast
    Banned!
    Banned!

    Posts : 9
    Coins : 2290
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2011-03-29

    Re: Dreams. If you remember them.

    Post by DarkBeast on Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:05 am

    I merely think that dreams are a manifestation of imagination, depicting what we really want and we do not. I am currently satisfied with my life, as I have realised how precious it is. Through this analysis, I have found why I have not and will not ever dream a dream.
    avatar
    Adrastos
    Our Contrarian

    Posts : 512
    Coins : 1953
    Reputation : -981
    Join date : 2010-11-09
    Age : 20
    Location : England, UK

    Re: Dreams. If you remember them.

    Post by Adrastos on Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:37 am

    DarkBeast wrote:I merely think that dreams are a manifestation of imagination, depicting what we really want and we do not. I am currently satisfied with my life, as I have realised how precious it is. Through this analysis, I have found why I have not and will not ever dream a dream.

    When people talk like this I can't resist but to reply.

    Dreams do not depict "what we really want and we do not" you do dream. We all dream. Dreaming is just the remnants of your brains' thoughts before you go to sleep. If you have things you do not like on your mind then it is logical to expect you to dream of that thing. The fact that you never remember your dreams is more likely to be a case of you sleeping lightly. If you are satisfied with your life it is logical to expect that you have good dreams. It's a shame for you that you don't remember your dreams at all.

    DarkBeast
    Banned!
    Banned!

    Posts : 9
    Coins : 2290
    Reputation : 0
    Join date : 2011-03-29

    Re: Dreams. If you remember them.

    Post by DarkBeast on Sun May 01, 2011 8:03 am

    Adrastos wrote:
    DarkBeast wrote:I merely think that dreams are a manifestation of imagination, depicting what we really want and we do not. I am currently satisfied with my life, as I have realised how precious it is. Through this analysis, I have found why I have not and will not ever dream a dream.

    When people talk like this I can't resist but to reply.

    Dreams do not depict "what we really want and we do not" you do dream. We all dream. Dreaming is just the remnants of your brains' thoughts before you go to sleep. If you have things you do not like on your mind then it is logical to expect you to dream of that thing. The fact that you never remember your dreams is more likely to be a case of you sleeping lightly. If you are satisfied with your life it is logical to expect that you have good dreams. It's a shame for you that you don't remember your dreams at all.

    I do agree to some extent, but surely if you dreamt up the frequent "going to school in your underpants" scenario, you would not compose this inside your imagination on the brink of sleep. Sure, you may be thinking about school, but, you would not want to be put in this awkward situation, no? And this brings forward my argument of what you do not want to happen. This may show that the brain does not want you to do this, and soforth projects this as a dream.

    As for the case of me sleeping lightly, I would like to disprove that fact, as sleeping lightly does not actually affect dreaming. To dream, everyone goes through REM(Rapid Eye Movement) to achieve this. REM is the eyes reacting to what your brain is projecting. Everyone goes through this stage while they are sleeping for long hours, even light sleepers. How long REM lasts for is entirely dependent on the person.

    As you may or may not deduced, I am a person with a short period of REM, which therefore means my brain has no time to produce a dream. If I had dreams, I would wish to remember them, to think up many stories for my short storybook I am writing, to give me inspiration, as I am told dreams are "The seed of imagination."
    avatar
    Zev the Reveler
    Gracious Double-Crosser

    Posts : 1593
    Coins : 4537
    Reputation : 1116
    Join date : 2010-12-25
    Location : Despite all my rage, still trapped like a rat in a cage

    Re: Dreams. If you remember them.

    Post by Zev the Reveler on Sun May 01, 2011 8:12 am

    Meh.

    I personally don't know what dreams mean.

    In my opinion, the reason why we dream certain dreams varies from person to person.

    For example: Including while awake, I have a constant need to create. As soon as I get a thought for a character or a story, my mind immediately starts to build on it. If I get such an idea while in bed, I don't want to, I need to type up an abbreviated form on the laptop to work on the next day.

    Very often, my entire dream tells a story that I'd expect from an anime or other T.V. show.

    Sometimes, my favorite characters show up. Sometimes, I get a genius idea.

    Thus, perhaps who we are effects what happens in our dreams.

    If you're hiding your shyness and nervousness, perhaps a dream about "underwear in school" is a result of that.

    I have no idea. All I know is, my dreams influence my creating, and my creating influences my dreams.

    Maybe we'll never, ever truly know the whole truth on dreams.

    I like it better that way. Not everything needs an explanation.

    Sometimes, it's better that it just happens.

    ...I think thassit.
    avatar
    helo frens
    H E L O F R E N S

    Posts : 1093
    Coins : 3966
    Reputation : 6
    Join date : 2010-11-07
    Age : 19
    Location : :]

    Re: Dreams. If you remember them.

    Post by helo frens on Sun May 01, 2011 8:15 am

    I had a dream that I was an octopus.

    I dunno if that helps...

    I'll just... Stop talking now.


    _________________
    :]
    avatar
    Zev the Reveler
    Gracious Double-Crosser

    Posts : 1593
    Coins : 4537
    Reputation : 1116
    Join date : 2010-12-25
    Location : Despite all my rage, still trapped like a rat in a cage

    Re: Dreams. If you remember them.

    Post by Zev the Reveler on Sun May 01, 2011 8:40 am

    Hmhmhm.

    I know a fine chap who once dreamed he was a porcupine.

    A porcupine, can you imagine?

    Ha, yes.
    avatar
    Kon
    Prophet of SUS
    Prophet of SUS

    Posts : 2354
    Coins : 12925
    Reputation : 7352
    Join date : 2010-11-08
    Age : 20
    Location : Location Location

    Re: Dreams. If you remember them.

    Post by Kon on Tue May 03, 2011 1:36 am

    Scorpio Da Klak wrote:I once had a dream that consisted of (not necessarily in this order)

    Kissing a friend of mine (yes, she's a girl), having a barbecue at school, and Abneris obtaining god-like powers, leading him to fight Insecticons sent by Blackout in a gray desert.
    That is exactly the same as a dream I had, but Kakamu instead of Abernis and a war instead of a barbecue.


    _________________
    avatar
    Heat
    Baron of Thunder-ten-tronckh

    Posts : 4229
    Coins : 31306
    Reputation : 24132
    Join date : 2010-11-08
    Age : 6
    Location : A swirling vortex of uncertainty

    Character sheet
    Level: 1
    Class: Scout
    EXP:
    0/0  (0/0)

    Re: Dreams. If you remember them.

    Post by Heat on Tue May 03, 2011 4:09 am

    King of Nynrah wrote:
    Scorpio Da Klak wrote:I once had a dream that consisted of (not necessarily in this order)

    Kissing a friend of mine (yes, she's a girl), having a barbecue at school, and Abneris obtaining god-like powers, leading him to fight Insecticons sent by Blackout in a gray desert.
    That is exactly the same as a dream I had, but Kakamu instead of Abernis and a war instead of a barbecue.

    .....You mean?


    _________________
    Bo tutaj jest jak jest, po prostu, i ty dobrze o tym wiesz.
    avatar
    Kon
    Prophet of SUS
    Prophet of SUS

    Posts : 2354
    Coins : 12925
    Reputation : 7352
    Join date : 2010-11-08
    Age : 20
    Location : Location Location

    Re: Dreams. If you remember them.

    Post by Kon on Tue May 03, 2011 4:32 am

    The Silence of BBC wrote:
    King of Nynrah wrote:
    Scorpio Da Klak wrote:I once had a dream that consisted of (not necessarily in this order)

    Kissing a friend of mine (yes, she's a girl), having a barbecue at school, and Abneris obtaining god-like powers, leading him to fight Insecticons sent by Blackout in a gray desert.
    That is exactly the same as a dream I had, but Kakamu instead of Abernis and a war instead of a barbecue.

    .....You mean?
    Huh?


    _________________
    avatar
    Heat
    Baron of Thunder-ten-tronckh

    Posts : 4229
    Coins : 31306
    Reputation : 24132
    Join date : 2010-11-08
    Age : 6
    Location : A swirling vortex of uncertainty

    Character sheet
    Level: 1
    Class: Scout
    EXP:
    0/0  (0/0)

    Re: Dreams. If you remember them.

    Post by Heat on Tue May 03, 2011 4:49 am

    King of Nynrah wrote:
    The Silence of BBC wrote:
    King of Nynrah wrote:
    Scorpio Da Klak wrote:I once had a dream that consisted of (not necessarily in this order)

    Kissing a friend of mine (yes, she's a girl), having a barbecue at school, and Abneris obtaining god-like powers, leading him to fight Insecticons sent by Blackout in a gray desert.
    That is exactly the same as a dream I had, but Kakamu instead of Abernis and a war instead of a barbecue.

    .....You mean?
    Huh?

    Read first part of Klak's post.


    _________________
    Bo tutaj jest jak jest, po prostu, i ty dobrze o tym wiesz.
    avatar
    Kon
    Prophet of SUS
    Prophet of SUS

    Posts : 2354
    Coins : 12925
    Reputation : 7352
    Join date : 2010-11-08
    Age : 20
    Location : Location Location

    Re: Dreams. If you remember them.

    Post by Kon on Tue May 03, 2011 4:51 am

    Oh. Mind-scarringly, yes.


    _________________
    avatar
    Heat
    Baron of Thunder-ten-tronckh

    Posts : 4229
    Coins : 31306
    Reputation : 24132
    Join date : 2010-11-08
    Age : 6
    Location : A swirling vortex of uncertainty

    Character sheet
    Level: 1
    Class: Scout
    EXP:
    0/0  (0/0)

    Re: Dreams. If you remember them.

    Post by Heat on Tue May 03, 2011 5:00 am

    King of Nynrah wrote:Oh. Mind-scarringly, yes.

    Say no more, please.


    _________________
    Bo tutaj jest jak jest, po prostu, i ty dobrze o tym wiesz.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Dreams. If you remember them.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:02 pm